potterton suprima 50L

All,

I bought a new house 3 years ago with a potterton suprima 50L boiler, I have read several new groups article stating that is not very good and should be recalled, anyone know if this may happen?

with the first 2 years in used to just stop working and we had to hit reset, then it would only work if the water was being heated, this did not cost us a penny as Barratt paid the bill (they came over 10 times), but now, in year

3 it has broken again, it the CH will not turn off, it just keeps on heating even if the CH switch and stat are off and down.

Anyone know if the above is easy to fix? I am not a plumber but I don't want to have to keep paying someone to fix it, maybe cheaper to buy a new one.

Cheers

Steve

Reply to
Steve Drake