potterton M11F boiler

The boiler has suddenly stopped heating the radiators but is stil

heating the hot water.

I found a DIY site and carried out the following:- Checking the heade tank first in the loft I found that a family of mice that I ha recently heard and poisoned had drowned. I emptied the tank, cleaned i and refilled with water. Thinking that a dead mouse may have entered t outlet pipe and blocked it I then emptied all radiators, refilled an bled them. So I knew that all rads and the headed tank were full.

I disconnected the power and gas to the boiler, removed the front cove and cleaned it inside thourougly but could see nothing obviously wrong I then repaced the cover and turned the boiler thermostat to off switched the power on, reset the timer and set it to Auto / 24hrs. then turned the boiler thermostat on and it fired up. After a shor time I switched the hot water to off in hope that the central heatin would remain on but the boiler shut down. I swithced the hot water bac to auto and the boiler fired up again.

I have another single thermostat that I am about to disconnect for trial but I do not feel that this will change anything. My installatio manual says that all the parts that have a shelf life are easy t replace but I do not know what.

Would like to hear for anyone who can help as I hate being ripped of b so called experts.

Full of Hop

-- hopefull

Reply to
hopefull

Don't know this boiler model. However, does the pump for the central heating run?

Reply to
Coherers

You've done some things that won't harm and may help. In the Main FAQ you will find out about what sort of system you have and where the problem may lie.

Most likely this system has a zone valve, diverter valve or a heating only pump and one of those has failed.

Reply to
Ed Sirett