Potted PCB

<snip>

Well, hopefully a bit more beneficial than that. Well, except the chances are the recent batch for the care (than now seems to be two batches for two cafes) may be protecting the health / lives of the 'foreigners' who work there so I doubt that would appreciated by some of the fanatical Brexiteers. ;-(

Well, until they wanted their 'Full English' breakfast that is (made from Danish bacon, Dutch tomatoes, French potatoes and Polish mushrooms, with only the eggs likely to come from the UK).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Aah! The wonderful thing about blind nationalistic patriotism is that all the subtleties are superfluous. It boils down to flagwavers and those" evil" bunch that are not on board.

An amazing approach, well recognised and taken full advantage of by those that are not quite so nationalistic and move their rescourses from tax haven to country at the drop of a hat.

I read a very interesting book recently on the production of Zyklon by the Americans and Germans running up to WW2.

It struck me as to how amazing it is that as the troops are being urged to sacrifice all for the sake of their country, the industrialists on both sides are creaming cash off right left and center.

The other thing I learned was that Adolf got his ideas for eugenics from the US and Britain.

The con using the patriotic nationality approach has Trump and Brexit summed up nicely. It rarely fails though :-(

I suppose the UK is actually one up on the US. Trump is the figurehead for the catastrophe over there, yet in the UK there is no real focus for the unfolding catastrophe. The idiot in charge now will not be seen by most for the damaging contribution he is making to all aspects of government action.

Methinks if Murdoch was put behind bars it would be a good move for both countries though :-)

AB

From the well pummelled keyboard of Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
<snip>

So it seems. Like, questioning if it really was £360M/w and what the real chances were of us actually giving the real (much lower) sum we pay to the EU to the NHS 'instead'. Gawd bless the NHS! ;-)

Yup. If you aren't with us you are against us. No room for grey in their simplistic binary world.

Quite! Hypocrites.

Yup, disgusting, what some get others to do to further their own cause. Spreading all sorts of lies and propaganda ...

Yeah, he did have some good social ideas and ideals, just not all of them or very well implemented.

It's the same with 'celebrity, some (weak?) people seem to need something to cling onto. Maybe it's the new 'religion?

Quite, luckily for Leave Coronavirus has masked it somewhat (excuse the pun).

Good point. I think most people see him is a puppet (Muppet? <g>) and so don't really take him seriously.

I think there should be more support for the likes of FullFact etc. Getting people to check on what they have read on Twatter and Farcebook and not just following it blindly.

What I find interesting is how disconnected many are from wanting real fact. They actually seem to enjoy that disconnection, accepting what suits them blindly and not considering anything else to any depth (or just discounting it directly).

It's just like the Fanatic Brexiteers here, *not one* of them has shown any sort of contrition or acceptance that *any* of the whole EU referendum farce is anything but that. They are so single minded, so indoctrinated on their cause, they simply don't take any serious notice of anything that contradicts, let alone conflicts with *their* view of the world.

Unfortunately (for them and our future) that is classic 'left brainer' stuff. Anyone not with them or 100% in agreement with them is an / the enemy and just another talking head to be ignored.

The irony is that those of us that are not like that, see, consider and understand *their* POV, but can also see it for what it often is. Just plain selfish, and worse ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m