Positioning of bathroom fan isolator switch

Where can (or should) one place a bathroom fan isolator switch? Can it be outside the bathroom where the fan is?

This is for a bathroom in a flat where the ceiling has no access from above. I don't want to put the switch in the bathroom really, even if it was allowed (I suspect I could get it into an allowable zone).

I could put it in the adjacent hot-cupboard or at the back of an adjacent fitted wardrobe, would either of these be OK?

Reply to
usenet

Usual practice seems to be to place it outside the bathroom door somewhere.

Reply to
Pablo

It should be outside the bathroom. Note if your fan is the timer type, then it has a permanent live and a switched live. Both these must be switched by the isolating switch. A fused 2 pole outlet with switch is suitable.

Reply to
BillR

I have a proper 'fan switch' which is three pole so can isolate the fan. It sounds like either the wardrobe or the hot-cubboard would seem to be a reasonable place.

Reply to
usenet