Will Mr Tubby cover Avocado?

I'm thinking of selling my house and am tarting it up. One of the problems is the bathroom suite which is avocado green (fashionable when the house was built 27 years ago). The bath is cast iron and serves as the platform for the shower.

Reading this group's Google archives leads me to think that plastic baths don't work as showers and that painting the bath white using a Mr Tubby re-enameling kit might suffice. However, I don't think I saw anywhere how many coats would be required when changing the colour of a bath as opposed to refurbishing an already white bath. The bath is in perfect condition.

Any views?

Another Dave

Reply to
mfcexpert

Use Dulux paint - who cares what the quality is so long as it looks good enough for the viewing punters :-)

Reply to
BillR

The secret of getting Mr Tubby to work properly is to follow the instructions to the letter - and this means stripping the paint off the bath and the other units before applying the new paint. Remember to keep it dry for at least 48 hours and, whatever you do, don't put down one of those shower mats as this will cause the paint to blister within two or three weeks!

sm

Reply to
SM

In message , mfcexpert writes

Well the stuff you apply (two coats) is very opaque.

In your position, I would phone up Brandon Marketing and ask them, I'm sure you'll find them by a quick google

Reply to
geoff