Noisless soil pipe system?

I have seen what is claimed to be a "noisless" soil pipe system at a trade show.

It is made by Wavin plastics, but I couldn't find any mention of it on their web site.

My question is this: How can a single-wall pipe be noiseless? the water flows in it just like others, I suppose...

I am thinking to replace the pipes (from upstairs toilet) in my downstairs toilet with the noisless ones, but am wondering if this is just a sellers claim.

They say that they are good for hotels etc.

Reply to
Abdullah Eyles

Its a gimmick.

By the time you have boxed in the stack you can't hear a thing from the stack.

You could insulate the boxing with rockwool if you want to be doubly sure.

dg

Reply to
dg

Hi,

My stack is boxed in and insulated with rockwool but you still hear it occasionally - but not enough to annoy me. Although if it were in a bedroom it would...

I believe cast iron pipes have good sound insulating properties.

alan.

Reply to
Alan Campbell