Pop Up Waste

Just moved into a new house and the pop up waste mechanism in the tap has a problem. Basically, the sliding toggle connecting connecting the down rod to the vertical actuator rod is broken. Does anyone know where I can purchase a new one from? I dont want to end up buying new taps!

Jon

Reply to
Jon

Our local tip sells off serviceable items - including washbasins with pop-up wastes. If yours does the same, you may be able to find some bits for a few bob.

Alternatively, if you've got an old Meccano set lying around you might find some bits which are suitable, or can be adapted.

Reply to
Set Square

Hi

Is this a figure of 8 type thing for a bathroom waste? With this sort of small item (and those inserts in tap handles that seem to strip their splines) I just call the manufacturer and ask for a couple of new ones. I've never been refused, and never had to pay.

IanC

Reply to
clowes_ian