Sink pop-up replacement

Hi
I have a basin with a pop-up waste and unfortunately the rod has been broken. Thinking it would be a simple task to replace the whole unit I started looking around all the usual diy places (B&Q< Focus, etc) only to be told these are not available and I must go back to the tap manufacturers. This is barking, surely these must be available from somewhere, anybody got any ideas where though?
I have visions of having to replace the whole lot jst for the pop-up bit! Madness!!
Thanks
Chris
BTW, its the horizontal rod that passes through a ball gland and pushes the waste seal up & down

broken.
Why not just buy some rod and fix it to the old one?
I've seen plenty of complete pop-up wastes in B&Q, too.
Christian.
snipped-for-privacy@cam.ac.uk (Chris Moss) wrote in message

screwfix does em, either alone or as part of a cheap tap set. screwfix.com
NT