poor hot water performence

Hi

I have a problem with my central heating the house is 6years old and was built by Barratt's and the heating installed by Butco.

The boiler is a Potterton Suprima the hot water is stored in an IMI Flowmax thermal storage and combination unit.

The problem we have is that we have very poor hot water performance even with the boiler running there is not enough to fill a bath the shower only stays warm and the temperature fluctuates when a tap is run. The boiler sometimes does not fire up and the central heating pump does not run when heating is called for this is over come by re-lighting the boiler.The heating seem's to run okay and with the stat set on 30 the system is soon up to temperature.

Any help gratefully recieved

Thanks

Reply to
tony

This sounds like the thermal store stat has gone. But the boiler may have ignition problems too. Get the boilers ign sorted first and see how it goes.

Reply to
IMM

Most problems relating to heating will stem from Boiler and Electrical. Main step is to look at boiler ensure electrics are operating any port valves you may have depending on your system wether it is Y plan or S plan. S= 2 port valve Y=3 port valve This should operate your heating and hot water as you demand valve should open.

Reply to
Keithc666767117