Plumbing repair toilet query

I have an Ideal Standard concept close coupled BTW WC and cistern. I need to replace the bottom entry fill valve - permanent leak. I cannot find a copy of the installation instructions to see how the cistern connects to the pan and whether I need to remove the whole thing in order to access the connections/locking nut which are hidden within the pan ceramic case. Scanned the web/Ideal site and no instructions are available online. Any recommendations for a new filling valve would be appreciated.

Reply to
js_a_home

There is no actual pipe connection, The tank just sits on the pan with a soft floppy foam washer between the two. Normally there are just two wing nuts hold the tank in place under the back of the pan. Disconnect water and overflow, remove wing nuts, tank lifts off. You may need a new floppy washer but easily available.

Reply to
harry

The floppy washer is called a doughnut washer and you should always replace with a new one.

Reply to
bod

You don't usually have to remove the cistern to change the fill valve.

Picture?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

but being a "back to the wall" design you can't get at the wing nuts Harry....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Sorry, just realised what BTW means :-)

If you can't get to the connectors you will have to slide the whole thing forward.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You should be able to remove the panel behind the pan (or part of it) if it has been fitted by someone with half a clue, see video

-
Reply to
Mark