Levelling loo

Trying to refit bathroom and using marine ply and ceramic floor tiles under equipment. Problem is that the floor slopes such that the WC pan is about 0.5-1cm off level, side to side. WC manufacturers instructions state not to cement to floor - any ideas how I can level the pan securely, please? Also how can I check the level of the pan front to back - the front of rim has no eqivalent "lip" to rest the level on at the back - using the top of the close-coupled cistern seems a bit arbitary? Any help appreciated, thanks - we're getting a bit "bogged" down by it all. :-}

Reply to
Aiden

Best way is to level that bit of floor. Otherwise, it's a heck of a job to scribe a piece of wood under a WC.

I have no idea why you can't cement it, but that does not get done these days AFAIK.

HTH

Geoff

Reply to
GB

Fit the seat and cover to the pan. Then do what us blokes never do:- lower the seat and lid ! The top of the lid will serve as a useful datum for setting the levels.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard

I'm presuming there are holes at the base for screws? Of course they can put cement under it -or tile even. Wouldn't that be easier than tiling around it? Perhaps they mean: do not rely on cement alone to fix the poe in shitu? No reason why they can't ask the supplier is there?

As for the front and back and other levels. As long as it doesn't look wrong I wouldn't give a sausage.

Extra bonus tip: Do all the skirting before fixing the pan and other stuff. I really hate that if I have to follow the plumber. And it never looks right.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Nice one, good idea - also thanks for the floor idea - we are going to try that - if all else fails we will just s--t at 15 degrees to starboard and look at life from a different angle - thanks all :-}

Reply to
Aiden

If it's not going to be level then at least make sure it's front side down. Or you'll be plagued for life with skidmarks down the back where they haven't had a good perpendicular drop straight in to the water. My next toilet bowl will be one of those big open ones with lots of water area to splash down in.

MJ

Reply to
MJ