Plumbers quotes for boiler change

I earmarked 4 corgi (heating engineers) plumbers local to me to quote for the following work.

Fit 18month old Worcester 28si in front porch (bathroom and kitchen at rear)

3 new replacement rads upstairs

1 new rad down + 1 moved

New towel rail in bathroom

TRV's everwhere except lounge

Remove some microbore and replace with 15mm

Fit strainer and a descaler by boiler.

Flush system

I would do any electrical work.

I would remove any old system like cast iron floor mounted boiler in kitchen and loft tanks/immersion tank.

First guy called today and spent just 10mins walking round, took no notes or measurements for rad sizing, suggested the right place for the boiler was the gable wall in the loft, I explained that the loft wasnt boarded or a fixed ladder available nor are the eaves insulated just the rafters. He said the draw off time for water from the porch would be too long, in fact its just 10ft of pipe further away than the hot tank is now and as it would be mains instead of the now indirect surely the difference would be hardly noticable in time to get hot at the taps furthest away?

With that he left saying he would get a price for me over the weekend! Not going to be a firm quote now is it!!

Not having had a plumber anywhere near my home for 20yrs is this the way I can expect them all to deal with requests for quotes or is one the exception?

Or perhaps I looked too poor and he already deceided I couldnt afford him!

Reply to
MikeT

You got someone to turn up. That's more than many people manage.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

That one's the exception. Most of them won't turn up in the first place.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Live in Kent Joe? Want a private job?...

I am working my way down a list of 4 plumbers here, almost loath to phone another after that last one...

Reply to
MikeT

Alas no, i live in south manchester... Change the 900 to 670 in the return email address to reply

Reply to
tarquinlinbin

Same here, I've been trying to get a plumber for ages to replace the boiler, but out of a dozen I've managed to get through to one, and none of the others have called back. The one I got through to quoted me British Gas style prices as soon as he heard my address - they assume that you're a millionaire if you're in Sth Manc, and that's just not true!

Reply to
Kase