Plaster, plaster no where to be seen

I have been ringing around to locate some board finish and all you get is a sharp intake of breath before you get a no with one merchant not having seen any since March. Jewson?s have some but the nearest branch with stock is in Ripon N. Yorkshire. I got a bag of multi finish the other day, £12 and nearly had to pay for it with gold bars. How simple life was pre Covid - 19.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

Could you not use cocaine instead ? Apparently supplies never ceased, pandemic or not.

(Another damning indictment of the lunacy of trying to ban drugs).

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I wonder what is so special about plaster? Are there a lot of diy plasterers? I tried it once and managed to plaster the floor and myself more than the wall I was trying to level off. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Production stopped in March and it has a fairly short shelf life. AFAIK production has restarted but perhaps they can't keep up with demand now that everyone is playing catch up. All our local builders are working flat out...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

For some reason that reminded me of the joke about British Leyland workers working to rule and doubling production .....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Plenty on gumtree.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

At what price and how old?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

The problem with glib comments like that is they are usually bollocks. Just listing something doesn't make it true.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

just needs a lump-hammer to get it out of the bag.

Reply to
Andy Burns

:-))

Reply to
ARW

Lol. Maybe lime plaster will make a comeback.

Reply to
tabbypurr

What about the Turkish stuff that is apparently available ?.

There was an item on the Jeremy Vine show about 10 days on this topic. Stories of fights in the carparks outside Wickes and other places as people tried to buy up as much as they could just before lockdown.

Reply to
Andrew

I though the 'modern' way was just to use tapered-edge board and tape/seal then sand the joints. No skimming at all.

Reply to
Andrew

"Oh mere details...." <Handwavey gesture>

;-)

Reply to
Jimk