plans

Has anyone managed to get a copy of plans held by the local council under the freedom of information act. I tried to get a copy of someones extension for some 'inspiration' for designing mine. Unfortunately the coumncils reply was that 'it was not in the public interest for neighbours and or third parties to show the layout of neighbouring properties'

Reply to
nthng2snet

In message , nthng2snet writes

St. Albans DC website allows viewing of plans under application but not once they are passed. Something to do with copyright?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

You are allowed to eyeball plans under consideration in the council offices, but not allowed to take a copy. I think they ultimately belong to the planning applicant rather than the council, so that is the person to ask.

rusty

Reply to
Rusty

Perhaps if you approach them, along with permission from the third party?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

What format are proffesionally drawn plans produced in. I am talking about the large fold out type, not the home made A3 types.

Reply to
nthng2snet

Generally white paper and dark lines feature..quite heavily..and usually A1 is a nice size to work with..

Format is such a broad term...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

AutoCAD?