Pissed off with Printers

I got a new printer free from of Canon, when the scanner stopped working two weeks before the guarantee expired.

Reply to
Martin

You will probably find it refuses to do so.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've heard that one.

Reply to
Max Demian

FWIW My canon ip4300 is still going strong, it's 11 years old.

It's fed only on original inks, which is probably why it hasn't clogged.

I also have a Samsung ML-3710ND laser printer, one spec'ed for an office rather than a SOHO special. It's fine on 10,000 page extra high yield £25 cartridges from Amazon (CiberDirect).

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

We now only use laser printers, but in case of need, we still have one inkjet (a Canon BJ10-Ex) - purely because it has two paper paths, one of which is completely straight and can handly thick paper or envelopes for invitations (last used 10 years ago for our youngest son's baptism invitations).

Cartridges (including head) are still available - not bad for a 30-odd year old printer!

The entire printer is about 2" thick and it is exactly A4 sized, so storing it is not a problem.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I've not tried notes, but some years back, when I scanned my V5c for a record before sending it to the DVLA for update, the top half of the front sheet scanned as a totally different colour to the bottom half. Either there is something in the scanner firmware/sowtware or some clever printing there.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I used to have one of those, with the optional sheet feeder. Then it blew the fuse in the mains adapter and refused to work again. A pity, as it's the only way I could print from my 1994 Sharp organiser (which I still use almost daily), using the infrared to parallel printer adapter.

Reply to
Max Demian

I have just bought a new cartridge for my Canon BJ10-Sx, for which I wrote a Basic program to convert the output from my Garmin GPS into a track plot on tracing paper that registers exactly with an OS Explorer map. Although the same size as the Ex it does not have a straight paper path.

Reply to
Dave W

try HP, they have new print nozzles on every new cartridge.

Reply to
critcher

and half full cartridges according to Dutch CA report.

Reply to
Martin

For many, but not all, models.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Notes contain patterns of 5 circles arranged like the Orion constellation, which tells digital copiers they must not be copied.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Not all digital copiers.

Reply to