Ping John Rumm

A while ago, I said that I would post about a simple way to grind a twist drill. Unfortunately I have had a period of ill health and a reinstall of windoze. Hence I have lost the address of the site where you said I could up load my rantings on the subject.
Can you let me know what the site was please?
Dave

Were they related at all? ;-) Glad to hear you're better....
Andy Hall wrote:

Aren't they both :-(

Thanks.
Dave

google groups ?
<http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.d-i-y/browse_thread/thread/feb464bb7 e815126/9975aa61872f3803?lnk=st&q=uk.d-i-y+sharpening+twist+drills#9975aa 61872f3803>
I'm in danger of losing my numpty google status here ...
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

Sorry, the link wrapped, as I got it and it will not copy and paste into my browser. Perhaps it is because I have such a new system running. I just don't know.
Dave

So just type "google groups" into google
type something like "uk.d-i-y grind a twist drill" into the google groups search bar
... find the link
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

Didn't work
Dave

Then try "uk.d-i-y+sharpening+twist+drills"
as in the link I posted
or something like that
works for me ...
--
geoff

writes

For Geoff:
http://tinyurl.com/ is good for those pesky wrapping links, easy to remember if you're on the move and doesn't refuse to work if the recipient has auto-redirect turned off, just paste the long link into the open box. It also has the preview option which lets the recipient see the long link before continuing to the destination site.
For Dave:
Here's Geoff's original link, it did reconstruct after a careful cut, paste & edit: http://preview.tinyurl.com/38qdxj
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

yes, I know, I was just being lazy

--
geoff

Dave wrote:

Glad to hear you are better....

Shame about windows....

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Main_Page
Just type a suitable title for your article into the search box. Say "Drill sharpening", and click GO. It will probably tell you there is no page with that name, and give you a link "create this page". Click on that and away you go.
It makes life a little easier if you create an account first (that way we can see who edited what by name rather than IP address), but it is not essential for most articles (some of the heavily spammed ones are limited to editing by account holders only).
If you want to have a go at adding layout and titles etc then feel free. It is pretty straightforward, you can get a feel for how it works by calling up an existing article, say:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Drill_Bits
Then hitting edit to see its source. (Just close the page rather than saving it once you are done looking).
Use the "upload file" link on the left of the page if you want to add pictures to your article.
--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm wrote:

Many thanks for that John. And many thanks for others for trying to get my numpty brain around this problem.
Dave
Dave wrote:

Looking forward to a new article... let rip!
--
Cheers,

John.