Personal information in official email - best practice

A Google search for "why ID cards are a bad idea" will give you many hundreds of reasons.
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 36th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.
On Sunday, 5 February 2017 11:31:31 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

you've never heard of fake ID cards lost of them in the USA.
On 2/4/2017 7:20 PM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

For the over-60s, bus passes can act as ID cards.
Many places, including banks, won't accept them as ID.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10

I suspect he would have had extensive background checks to assess the risk of him getting too close to Brenda with something sharp.
--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10
On Sun, 05 Feb 2017 12:49:40 +0000, charles wrote:

I'd forgotten that. On entry, though, all you needed was the invitation card.

I managed mine! It was the one that made the news because of the muppets that sheltered under the trees during the thunderstorm.
<http://www.heraldscotland.com/ news/12126151.Lightning_strikes_women_at_royal_garden_party/>
On 05/02/2017 12:10, S Viemeister wrote:

Some councils issue them without checking your identity. Or your age. When I lived in South Bucks I just sent them a form and my photo and they posted it back to me.
--
Max Demian

On 2/5/2017 7:47 AM, Max Demian wrote:

Hm. Highland Council require the same sort of certification as a passport.

And those over 64 (born in the UK before Feb 1952) will already have Identity cards which they were required to carry with them by law up to that date. A few years ago I came across mine and used it to cause confusion at London City airport!
Alan
Alan
--
snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk
snipped-for-privacy@riscos.org
On Sun, 05 Feb 2017 12:51:02 +0000, Alan Dawes wrote:

I didn't know I ever had one. My dad probably used it for soem dubious scam.

I, too, have mine. I suspect it's the lack of a photograph which confuses people. If mine had a photograph at the date of issue, it wouldn't be much help now.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On 05/02/17 12:51, Alan Dawes wrote:

Bollocks. I have no ID card and have never been required to carry one

--
“it should be clear by now to everyone that activist environmentalism

I only found mine when I tidied up my late father's belongings. I was aged one month when it was issued, so wouldn't have had any knowledge of it otherwise.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Not really but here are some guesses:
Enemy alien incarcerated in a detention camp on the Isle of man for the duration of the war.
Working in Germany in 1939 and incarcerated by the Germans.
A foreign national (from a "friendly" country) working in this country who had their own ID eg passport.
I did wonder if in some branches of the armed force the paybook was accepted as ID.
I don't know - please tell.
Alan
--
snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk
snipped-for-privacy@riscos.org

It's the last of your suggestions. That's why his ID card is dated from when he was "demobbed".
I had an uncle where probably no 2 applied - except he wasn't incarcerated by the Germans.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Really? I was born long before then and don't remember ever having one - let alone carrying it around.

Not surprised. ;-)
--
*A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it uses up a thousand times more memory.

On Sun, 05 Feb 2017 07:10:21 -0500, S Viemeister wrote:

No, the over-60 and a bit more, steadily increasing.

As can a driving licence - if you have one. Or a passport. If you have one.
But not everyone has a passport or driving licence or is old enough to have a bus pass.
So what is the suggestion for a decent method for them?
--
*DOES THE LITTLE MERMAID WEAR AN ALGEBRA?

Our operation that does the driving licenses also does them for those who need an identity document but arent allowed to drive.