Personal information in official email - best practice

No, the over-60 and a bit more, steadily increasing.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I didn't know I ever had one. My dad probably used it for soem dubious scam.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'd forgotten that. On entry, though, all you needed was the invitation card.

I managed mine! It was the one that made the news because of the muppets that sheltered under the trees during the thunderstorm.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I, too, have mine. I suspect it's the lack of a photograph which confuses people. If mine had a photograph at the date of issue, it wouldn't be much help now.

Reply to
charles

Bollocks. I have no ID card and have never been required to carry one

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I only found mine when I tidied up my late father's belongings. I was aged one month when it was issued, so wouldn't have had any knowledge of it otherwise.

Reply to
charles

As can a driving licence - if you have one. Or a passport. If you have one.

But not everyone has a passport or driving licence or is old enough to have a bus pass.

So what is the suggestion for a decent method for them?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Really? I was born long before then and don't remember ever having one - let alone carrying it around.

Not surprised. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why should we have to prove who we are? It doesn't prove we are 'decent' in any case.

Reply to
Max Demian

Not me who started this thread.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

s)

In Ireland the post office will make you a credit card sized facsimile of t he relevant page of your passport which can be used as id but not travel ob vioulsy

Reply to
fred

Not carrying such ID is an offense (in France), and people are used to carrying it. I don't think this is just part of the 'state of emergency' currently in place.

Reply to
mechanic

Exactly. We don't have that "Authority knows best" mindset in this country and long may that remain so.

It's too late for Our Dave, of course, he thinks that "hundreds of other experts" constitutes proper scientific enquiry.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Its not a national trait, its a New Left trait.

As I mentioned elsewhere, its has to do with people who think they are smart because they learnt stuff by rote from smart people.

Of course smart people can be lying...and may not be as smart as they appear.

It has been identified as the trait of people who meed a religion, but haven't got one.

Post modern political correctness and moral outrage fills the gaping chasm...

For him, they do.

Typical concentration camp guard really.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yep what wrong with finger prints.

Reply to
whisky-dave

you've never heard of fake ID cards lost of them in the USA.

Reply to
whisky-dave

So are perfectly happy to have no idea who roams our streets? Fairy nuff.

Over what you believe because you've read it in the Mail? Anytime.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You would prefer everyone's finger prints to be on a central database?

That's certainly one view. DNA too?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Depends what you mean by central doesn't it. I don't think my finger prints need to be on a central server to access my iPhone.

I've been wondering why it's not secure enogh for starting cars

Why too, do you need both. There's retinal scans too, dental records. of course the best system would be an implant like they have for cats a do gs, although it could be a bit more informative, then yuo copuld use it for almost anything from oyster card to accessing the white house or buck-pala ce, or to prove you're old enough to drink.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I didn't read it in the Mail, Dave. I read it in the Times, as I posted earlier. Do keep up.

Reply to
Tim Streater