Part P.

Can anyone point me at an authoritive source which indicates wether or
not Part P of the building regs applies in Scotland?
I've heard (and read) conflicting things!
Thanks,
Mark.
Reply to
mark.hannah
The Building Regulations themselves; should say in them or the associated Act that they apply only in England and Wales.
Scotland has entirely separate Building Standards.

Owain
Reply to
Owain
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 05:45:51 -0800 (PST) wrote :
Scotland has its own regs, so Part P doesn't apply, though electric installations have been part of their Building Regs for decades. The core requirements appear to be in Technical Handbook 4, but you'll have to do your own research as to what work is and isn't controlled.
get you started.
Reply to
Tony Bryer
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 05:45:51 -0800 (PST) someone who may be this:-
To add to what has been said, there is a Part P of the Building Standards, but it is not to do with electrics.
Reply to
David Hansen

Site Timeline Threads