Pantry Light

I'm planning to add a light in my pantry. There is an existing fused spur unit (3 A fuse) for the central heating boiler supply. Is there any problem in using the same feed for this light?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Should be fine... Might make sense to add another FCU fed from the same supply that currently feeds the boiler FCU rather than simply adding the light to the existing fused outlet, that way you don't lose your heating when a bulb blows and takes out the fuse.

Reply to
John Rumm
3 amp fuse on a boiler? 3 x 240v = 720watts, so thats less power than a kettle so its a very small boiler or have i got something wrong?
Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

You're not providing power to heat the boiler. The power is just to run the boiler electrics (small), the programmer/thermostat (very small), and the pump and valves (a bit more, but not 750W).

Reply to
Bob Eager

whoops i forgot about gas and oil heating. its coal and electric here!

sorry

-- [g]

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

No worries. Using CFL would avoid the potential for a blown filament bulb to trip the supply to the boiler.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

CFL can blow and will take a 5 amp fuse wire out. I have happen twice now.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth