Painting

I have just matt emulsioned the walls and now need to paint the coving. (Perhaps the sequence is wrong but we couldn't agree on white or a complimentary colour until the walls were done.

Just tried a plastic shield to get a tidy line and it wasn't very satisfactory. I guess masking tape might pull the paint off the walls.

Any suggestions - other than a steady hand?

Reply to
John

I have used masking tape before without a problem. The trick is not to remove it before the paint is dry and not to leave it on too long other wise the adhesive will set and it will pull paint off. I would say remove it within 24 hours.

...and yes, I agree those plastic shield things are useless!

Reply to
dazzle

Steady hand best but you can get lo-tac masking tape (usually in garish colours) which does work *quite* well.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

If you've only just emulsioned, paint the coving as best you can and then go over any intrusions with fresh emulsion where needed.

Reply to
OG

You can get special lo-tack masking tape which has less of a tendancy to pull paint off.

sponix

Reply to
Sponix