Paintbrushes

In my innocence I recently embarked on a whole house refurb and decorate. I am now at the redecorate bit and tearing my hair out over glossing paintbrushes. In the past I have always bought what i thought of as 'quality' brushes - Hamiltons. Now they seem no better than the cheapo variety i use for emulsion. The problems I'm having are bristle loss and poor brush shape i.e the bristle seem to splay. Does anyone know of a better quality brush? and is it me or is the quality of Dulux paint not what it was? Also before anyone questions my abilities I admit to being a complete amatuer.

Thnak

Jb

Reply to
Jb

Harrisons,never had a problem yet.

New brushes should be given the rough treatment before use ie wack them back and forth over brickwork to get rid of any loose hairs. ;-) If the brush is splaying you're applying to much pressure? when dipping into the paint just cover the brush with about 1" of paint.

Reply to
George