Nice paintbrush for cutting in

I "accidently" (ie randomly first off the shelf in Homebase) bought a pack of these Harris Finesse brushes:

must say they are the best brush I've every had for cutting in emulsion.

They don't hold much paint but they bristles are formed into a razor sharp edge and never seem to splay despite the fact my idea of brush cleaning is use a hose.

I used to use masking tape to get a decent line betwixt wall and ceiling (with all the problems of risk of pulling paint off) but I can get a quite passable line with these and my hands are not that steady.

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim W

I prefer to put a picture rail up and paint down to that. With my walls a straight line up there is out of the question and, since the tape follows the wall, what chance do you have?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Stuart Noble wibbled on Thursday 15 October 2009 12:15

I got used to bend lines a long time ago.

But those brushes will cut to your picture rail nicely too. Anyway, I don't sell 'em - I was just pleasantly surprised that it was so nice to use I thought it worth a mention...

Reply to
Tim W

Synthetic bristle brush by the looks of it. I've got one somewhere and yes it is nice to use. I think I used it for gloss work but may well have used it for cutting in emulsion as well.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It is a synthetic brush - often a requirement of certain paints etc (eg, Sikkens for one).

Reply to
js.b1