Paintbrushes reqd

As I swore and cursed whilst cleaning my paint brushes after a bout of glossing I promised myself I would buy cheapish brushes and bun them after each use. Can someone reccomend a cheap retailer for some ok but cheap brushes?

anon

Toolstation - still got free delivery and no minimum order as well!

John Rumm

Toolstation will do a 50mm brush for 19p. They're basically fine, provided you don't mind picking out the occassional hair.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I cannot use it at all..

Andy Dee

Works fine with Firefox (on Windoze).

Reply to
Rob Morley

you'll get a far better finish using cheap paint and quality brushes than with any paint and cheap brushes, ime.

cheap brushes are a false economy.

RT

Reply to
R Taylor

It uses popups and javascript, so if you have either of those blocked you may have difficulty.

Works fine in Mozilla 1.7 here...

Reply to
John Rumm

----- Original Message ----- From: "anon" Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 12:33 PM Subject: Paintbrushes reqd

" As I swore and cursed whilst cleaning my paint brushes after a bout of glossing I promised myself I would buy cheapish brushes and bun them after each use."

I used to do just that until I tried a decent quality brush. The difference in feel and quality of finish make the cleaning worthwhile.

Cleaning shouldn`t be to much bother anyway - just get as much paint out of the brush as you can before you start, few changes of white spirit drying on some rag between dunkings and it`s done. Put all the used spirit in a big tin to settle out so you can use it again.

Reply to
gribblechips

And cookies too - I had problems until I discovered that somehow I'd managed to get the Toolstation site onto Firefox's list of cookies to block.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

I've expressed those sentiments myself here before. Problem appears to be that if one doesn't appreciate a good paint finish then one won't appreciate a good brush.

I mean how much trouble is it to use brush cleaner and a little soap when finished. You have to wash your hands anyway, don't you ?

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

They're basically fine, provided

I used to know a girl like that