Paint for Ply

I've got to the point where I'm considering painting the ply cladding in my new man cave (completion is in sight - we're wk20 of a 12wk build, doubtless due to all the rain we had this year)
Will ordinary emulsion work? Will it need thinning the way it does on new plasterboard?
Andy
Vir Campestris wrote:

Being water based it will raise the grain to differing degrees depending on the quality of the ply. L'd dilute the emulsion about 10% - any more and it will very messy to apply.
Allow to dry fully and de-nib it with 180-240 grit then a full strength coat maybe two depending on the quality of the paint.
On 19/08/18 21:11, Vir Campestris wrote:

emulsion is good. Don't thin it too much
On 19/08/2018 21:11, Vir Campestris wrote:

Ordinary emulsion will work fine... Looked ok even on the cheap shuttering ply I used to line my workshop.
--
Cheers,

John.
On 20/08/2018 11:27, John Rumm wrote:

+1, I have visible indoor shelving etc like this. Sanded down after first coat.
On 20/08/2018 21:39, newshound wrote:

Thanks everyone.
I have a dust mask (in storage, with most of my tools) I think this will call for it!
Andy