Remove Arrone door handle

Does anyone know how to remove this type of door handle (Arrone)? I've removed the grub screws on both sides, and was expecting the handle to just slide off the square shaft, but after an hour trying, I've given up! Any advice greatly appreciated. Cheers, Mark

Presumably its just tight on the shaft.
On 20/08/18 02:14, Mark Manning wrote:

Undo the screws holding the plate to the door. The grub screws are merely to stop the bar moving out of contact with the handles.

The screws are concealed under the circular plate at the base of the handle. You just twist it off to reveal the screws underneath.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

replying to Tim+, Mark Manning wrote: Cheers Tim. Had already tried loosing the screws that hold the bsckplate on - no luck there. The shaft runs through the center and both handles are super tight on the shaft, so the backplates can only move so far...I do wonder if someone glued them on?!

Yeah, its certainly possible some fool did that.
Whets the history of that door and handle ?
replying to Richard, Mark Manning wrote: Thanks Richard. Tried that, but the handles prevent the backplates from being removed, and the handle is super tight on the shaft, so the challenge is how to get the actual handle off the square shaft.
Mark Manning wrote:

Angle grinder?
Mark Manning wrote:

Bash it with a hammer.
replying to FMurtz, Mark Manning wrote: Tried that mate - the handle is seriously tight on the shaft. Bigger hammer time, or hacksaw time!
On 20/08/2018 02:14, Mark Manning wrote:

You tube is your friend - instructional video at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSSC3drM3dE

mailto : news admac myzen co uk

As Tim+ said try unscrewing the round cover plate, on cheaper types the plate may just be sprung on so if it will not unscrew look for a small notch in the edge of the plate usually at the bottom and use a straight bladed screwdriver to prise it off.
Richard
replying to alan_m, Mark Manning wrote: Thanks Alan,
Tried that, but no luck I'm afraid. You'll see in that video, the handles slides easily off the center, square shaft. This is the problem I have, the handle is super tight on the shaft, and won't slide off. Might need a bigger hammer!
On 20/08/2018 19:14, Mark Manning wrote:

Have you tried taking the handle off on the other side?
You indicate that maybe you cannot get the screws out
Cranked screwdriver (Amazon.com product link shortened)
Or ratchet drive (Amazon.com product link shortened)34790183&sr=1-12&keywords=screw+bit+set+with+ratchet
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

But the youtube video suggest that the handle still has to slide off the square section that slides into it to get the handle off. Hard to see what else the grub screw is there for except to hold the handle on the square section it slides onto.

From the second photo with the cover off the door plate with screws, it looks like you might well be able to tap a flat bladed screwdriver into the gap between the end of the round part of the handle with the grub screw hole in it and get some leverage involved to get the handle to move on the square shaft it slides on. Do that in a number of places around the round part of the handle. That might well even break the glue if some fool has glued the handle on.