Coconut oil - killing lawn ?

Finally got round to cutting the lawn(s) - first time in 8 weeks.
Noticed a coupled of smallish odd brown patches on the back lawn. The placing of them seems to be where I've once or twice spat out some coconut oil, (after using it to clean teeth & gums - google "pulling" :) ).
Since only 30-40ml is involved, then (if it is the cause) wtf is in the oil to act as a great herbicide ? (SWMBO suggested coating the block paving in it :) )
On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 15:09:46 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk

It's possible. Grass, and plants in general, have pores in their leaves through which they 'breathe', and oil will probably block those pores. Mineral oil seems poisonous to plants for that reason, see https://tinyurl.com/y8lzkc3p but I'm not so sure about plant-based oils. Emulsions of (IIRC) linseed oil in water are used as 'green' insecticides, the oil blocking the breathing pores of insects, usually greenfly, and killing them. It doesn't seem to harm the plants though.
So, who knows?
--

Chris

On 19/08/2018 17:18, Chris Hogg wrote:

Cooking oil or WD40 works to kill mites on hens' legs.
Bill

Could be Vixen piddle.
--
Tim Lamb

On 19/08/18 21:57, Tim Lamb wrote:

Imagine washing your mouth out with vixen piddle
On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 21:57:08 +0100, Tim Lamb
A likely explanation IMO, although possibly a bitch-dog or even a cat.
--

Chris

On Sun, 19 Aug 2018 21:57:08 +0100, Tim Lamb wrote:

Well I know for a fact (visual confirmation :) ) that we have foxes around ...
On 19/08/2018 19:20, Bill Wright wrote:

does it cure their arthritis as well ?.
On 19/08/2018 17:18, Chris Hogg wrote:

It could be that the oil drops acted like lenses and allowed the suns rays to cook the grass, wok-style.
Local bowling club adds a wetting agent when they water their green and it certainly looks very green.