Some floor down

Bene working with a mate - and much progress :)

Got half the floor down upstairs - and a coat of Treatex Teak colour oil on the boards (the theory being that they will cup downwards rather than upwards at the edges - grain has also been taken into account for this where possible).

Just ordinary 7x1" redwood PAR from Alsfords timber. Couple of SPAX decking screws per board. Final fix will be next year after extra insulation, new plasterboard and wiring done. Hopefull by them, they will have shrunk as much as likely and we'll take all the screws out, clamp them up and rescrew 100%.

There's been a *lot* of remedial work to the joists - cutouts filled, shimming/planing to get them level and extra noggins.

But the result is pleasing (to me at least).

After the rest of the floor is done (excepting edges - no point in trimming the last board until it's been clamped up) we'll sheet it with DPM for protection and destroy the rest of the place and make good the multitudinous bodges...

Reply to
Tim Watts