Suck blow for unblocking pipe

I have a couple of sluggish feeds to a couple of radiators. Chemical cleaners and DIY direct flushing from the mains has not helped. I wish I could achieve something like the suck - blow effect that a sink plunger gives to a drain blockage.

Any idea how I could do this on my microbore - perhaps by connecting something to the top bung of the radiator with just the relevant valve open?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

A while ago I discovered the thread of the hose side of a bib tap was a standard thread.

It would then be an easy matter of lining up the fittings to blast mains pressure water into the pipe via the valve?

Reply to
Fredxxx

I've used cable (like inner cable for bike brakes) with a deliberately frayed end to clear a blocked microbore feed to a radiator in a neighbours house. Slackened off the olives. One hardly leaked. Disconnected and shoved cable down. Had estimated distance to manifold. Worked cable in pipe and removed. Used old towels to soak up gunge until it ran clear(er) Reconnected olive and relaxed. Worked for years! With my similar system, when it gets first use in Autumn. I check all the radiators, and if one seems poor, I then turn off all the others for a while. Has worked for 30 years!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Chisholm

Reminds me of an anecdote from the driver of the council "soup tanker" when chemical toilets were still common. The local council had invested in a hi gh tech lorry that had the facility to tip pails of toilet waste into a hop per that was then sucked into the tanker. When full the load would be trans ported to a treatment works and the s*1t blown into the works feed tanks. The lorry had the added facility that large bore hoses could be used to att end blocked drains, couple to a blocked pipe via a manhole and suck the blo ckage clear. There was a 3 storey block of flats which had occupied the drain suction te am for several Saturday mornings. Finally they were sent yet again, coupled up, sucked, there was a dribble, sucked again, another dribble etc. The ga ng lost patience and back-blew at 30 psi. Result fountains in every bathroo m on all 3 floors! The operation must have sorted the problem as the reside nts never complained of toilet blockages again.

Reply to
johnjessop46

Fredxxx wrote in news:n54cum$7oc$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Tried this.I think I need to shock the blockage.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I think (based on a radiator that I had re-piped when it was accessable) that the blockage is at the manifold which is quite a distance away. I also have 2 90degree bends immediately after the valve that I could remove.

Reply to
DerbyBorn