P poor shower output

Just moved into a new house and although the bath and washbasin taps have a very powerful jet stream, the Mira mixer shower can raise barely a trickle. On youtube they show a mixer cartridge in the centre tap control - could this be blocked?

Reply to
swldxer1958

what hot water system? Combi boiler, gravity fed, mains pressure?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I have asked for a plumber to look at it now - I'll let you know after he has has been. Cheers.

Reply to
swldxer1958

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com has brought this to us :

That is not DIY!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk> wrote in news:q14dld$26t$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Wrong shower head? Is it on a flexible hose - is it kinked or too narrow. Can you remove it and check flow from valve. (Time it to fill a bucket) Then repeat with it reinstalled.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

I fitted a brand new hose and shower head and it is still rubbish, so I assume the problem is the valve mixer.

Reply to
swldxer1958

Check if there is an isolation valve in the water feed to the shower. There often is one to allow the shower to be serviced or replaced without draining down the entire system.

I have more or less convinced myself that the poor flow to the bath/shower is due to the valve on the hot feed.

One day I may replace it.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

?Try it without the hose - some are quite restricting. Some will say High Flow on the labeling.On some the inner liner can kink.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

There is a problem with the Salamander CT50 Xtra shower pump in the bedroom cupboard. When I turn the power on, it just makes a humming noise and wisps of smoke come out, so that is the source of the problem.

Reply to
swldxer1958

Could be a failed motor capacitor. Could be a jammed rotor. One cause of jammed rotor is the shaft seal leaks water back in to the motor bearing, which then rusts.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

So only now do you mention that the show was running on a pumped system.

Don't you think that info might have been helpful earlier on?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

A new one is about £100, so I will try and do it myself as it is just a wiring in job and four water pipes to swap over.

Reply to
swldxer1958

The new Salamander pump was £120 from Screwfix and then a plumber charged £140 to install it. The shower is great now - as good as a hotel shower!

Reply to
swldxer1958