Shower Pumps or Alternatives

Asking because my boyfriend won't..

We have a nine year old house and are looking to get a better performance from our lame gravity fed en-suite shower.

In a perfect world, the hot water feed and the cold water feed would be in the airing cupboard, but instead we have the cold water tank in the loft directly above the en-suite shower, with the cold water pipe dropping straight down behind the shower, and the hot some nine feet away (the bathroom is inbetween) in the airing cupboard with the pipes running below the floor and back up behind the shower, thus making the fitting of a conventional pump not so straightforward.

So alternatives we have considered are a Triton T40i Booster Unit, or a Mira PS1 (aka Enhance) Booster Pump fitted between the shower head and the rose.

Are there any other obvious alternatives we should consider, or does anyone have experience of the above two solutions?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Sarah

Look at a venturi shower mixer. No pumps required to vibrate the house down, just a cold mains feed and a hot feed from the cylinder. Power shower performance. Check your mains pressure and that is conforms to the makers specification.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Thanks, I'll take a look! :)

Reply to
Sarah

If there's a mains feed, you could consider a venturi shower.

However, provided it is of moderate flow rate, there's nothing to stop you installing a pump. With high flow rates, you might get issues sucking the vent dry unless you install a flange (and possibly additional pipework). However, you should get away without doing this invasive work provided that the flow rate is limited and the route from the cold tank to the hot cylinder is reasonably good (at least 22mm with few bends and wide open valves).

Christiasn.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I used a T40i in our last house fed from the bath mixer taps. It wasn't as good as the en-suite shower fed from a remote airing cupboard pump, but it was a vast, vast improvement on the usual pitiful shower fed from a mixer tap.

Reply to
Doctor D

Does The Evil One (or anyone else for that matter) know where one might get an H2O shower in blue (i.e. cheap)?

Went down to B&Q the other day to pick one up for a job & found they seem to have discontinued them. Google shows Plumbworld doing the white & platinum ones but they're more expensive.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Thanks for your advice, guys. We went for a Aqualisa Aquastream after talking to our neighbour who had similar problems. This is the shower that they eventually had fitted, so we know it can be done! They also told us about the housebuilders' error with the hot and cold pipes being in a non-standard position, i.e. the cold is on the right and hot on the left, which meant that the crossed over pipes had to be boxed in the wall behind. *sigh* Nothing's ever simple. Still, hoping to make a start today. Thanks again!

Reply to
Sarah

eh?

That is the standard, same as taps on baths, sinks & basins (generally)

Reply to
John Stumbles

I did the venturis at B&Q going in clearance. I asked why and they said they don't sell. I assume many people just don't understand them. Some were blue. I forget who made them, so it is matter of hunting around.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

(generally)

Oops! Should read "cold on the left and hot on the right".

Reply to
Sarah

What did you do to them?

Reply to