OTish: plane maintenance

<https://octopus.energy/help-and-faqs/categories/tariffs/flexible-tariffs/>

That's not showing the whole story - I think it's the one called "tracker v1".

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Another neighbour is a licensed engineer working for Virgin at Gatwick. He's still going off at the usual time, so I'll ask him at some point.

They do park up unused planes somewhere in the USA in a desert where the humidity is almost zero and just seem to tape over the engine air intakes.

Reply to
Andrew

On 26/03/2020 14:33, Andrew wrote: ... snipped

It's rather more involved than that. Search for "davis monthan boneyard" for some amazing photographs, and some background info.

Reply to
nothanks

Funnily enough, in these straightened times, we caught an old "Stephen Fry in America" where he drives through an air based with 3,000+ retired

- but ready for resurrection - aircraft. Although I imagine the regulations for military aircraft are nowhere near as onerous as for passenger ones ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk