OT: Why can't a petrol engine start itself?

Masses of load space for such a small car. I had a Clubman estate for a while, but being longer and heavier than my 850 saloon it was less fun, even with the bigger engine.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Had a minivan 850, replacement for a badly bent 1000.

Just touched 80 on the motorway, or it may have been 70.

Floored the thing, Stoke to Liverpool and back. 50mph max after that.

Horrible device, the heater control was on the engine, a ball valve at the top.

It had a bypass hose that was forever needing replacement.

Even now, knowing the impressive BMW mini reputation, I would not go next or near one.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp