OT. What the withdrawal agreement really means.

Did they say this? Must have missed it.

Given Brexiteers can't agree on terms of Brexit, rather a broad statement?

He seems to have reflected the view of parliament in this case.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yet another inconsistency from the Brexiters. They seem to believe in Brexit as if it were a religion.

Reply to
Mark

You could say exactly the same about remoaners or any other group of individuals except perhaps athiests. Wasn't that long ago that the majority of people in the UK strongly believed in one religion or another, but as we dumped them we progressed.

The difficult thing is to know whether or not to walk away from the situation you're in, being told that if you don't leave now you will never be able to doesn't inspire confidence.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The very fact that many Brexiters use the term "remoaner" to describe people who disagree with them shows a fanatic religious fervour.

Reply to
Mark

No more so than Brexiteers which came first.

If you'd said those that voted to leave the EU I would have replied with those that wanted to remain, but you seemed to prefer to use teh term brexiters why ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

because WTO rules are minimalistic

EU rules are all embracing

tim

Reply to
tim...

That makes no sense.

Brexiters or Brexiteers: neither is a derogatory term, unlike "remoaner".

Reply to
Mark
<snip>

To get that you would have to also get 'empathy' and the 'fanatical Brexiteers' (I use that description to differentiate them from the ordinary leave voters), don't.

What do we want? Something the majority of the electorate didn't. When do we want it? Now and at any cost (to everyone).[As long as we (the minority) get what we want ... but you won't get an acceptable reason why ...]

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

There are in fact very few WTO rules, the only one relevant to the UK is the one that requires the same tariff to apply to all countries in the absence of a trade agreement. And rules are established by the WTO only with general agreement by WTO signatories, which is one reason there are so few of them.

Reply to
BillD

Yes it does because those wanting to leave were labled Brexiteers before the referdum , just after the term Brexit was used, but the term remoners wasnlt used until after the referedum as if they'd won they wouldn't have been called remoaners would they. They'd be another term, break the word down if you don't understand, the bit that say MOAN .

why do you consider "remoaner" as less or more a derogatory term than "Brexiteer" ?

1/2 brown
Reply to
whisky-dave

Utter Bullshit.

Why don't you?

Reply to
Mark

Then prove to me when the terms were first used. The term remoaner wasn't used until after the referdum, or perhaps you think shakespeare inventedf the term remoaner.

Because I can see them as terms made up to describe an dividual that decided to vote one way or another. Brexiteers being like Bucaneers of that were pirates in the 17th century, I think calling people pirates because of how they voted is as wrong as labling all those that wanted to stay in the EU as remoaners NOT all of them are moaning about it and trying to find new and alternative ways of counting people. And not all of those that voted to leave are pirates or against law and order.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Why? The date when the terms were first used is irrelevant.

--snip--

Reply to
Mark

No it isn't if you want to find pout who stated calling people names by how they voted rather than why they voted the way they did.

Calling so eone a pirate because you don't like the way they voted is worng isn't it. Would yuo cal those that wanted the law changed regarding womens rights in marriage to be called rapeeneers and those wanting to be able to rape inside of marriage remoaners ?

Itls like calling artists that donl;t want to use computers in their art as ludites.

Reply to
whisky-dave

More irrelevant twaddle.

Reply to
Mark

maybe its after the musketeers who were fighting for freedom and has nothing to do with your daft idea.

Reply to
invalid
<snip>

If you want 2 + 2 to = 5, get wd to do the maths. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I don't remmber anyone that voted to leave calling themselves brixiteers it was always those that wanted to remain.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Thats the way you add up is it.

2+2 is a type of car as is 4X4 is 4 wheel drive 2+2=4 provided yuo';re in base 10. 2+2 doesn't equate to =4

All this coming from someone who when asked do you want to leave or remain decided to create their own box and call it NOTA.

and still decided he knew what all those that didn't vote wanted. Then again in the genral electrion where the lib dems said they wanted to remain only got 7.8% of the votes and the labour & conseravite parties who were going for leave got 87% of the toal number of votes cast.

So show yuor maths and prove that 2/3rd or more want to remain when 87% sided with Lab and con to leave.

Reply to
whisky-dave