ATM withdrawal max?

What is the latest maximum limit on a cash withdrawal from an ATM please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Mine allows £2k/day, but the app allows me to dial that down, or turn it off completely. The app also implies that different limits apply on in-branch self service machines, rather than hole in the wall machines.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Depends whether you are using a card or a JCB.

Reply to
nightjar

:-)

Reply to
Andrew

I think mine is £300 - unlimited if inside a branch. What do your T&Cs say?

Reply to
Scott

I can do £500 in a 24hour period, but I have to use it twice. Some places will do £300 and then a £200 some only two times £250.

Reply to
ARW

I've had no problem withdrawing £350 at a time.

Reply to
S Viemeister

+1
Reply to
ARW

At a bank ATM or one in at a shop/petrol station etc

ISTR I can do £500 in one transaction with a bank ATM.

Reply to
ARW

nightjar submitted this idea :

JCB is in for a service, so I have to use my card :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Not what you asked, but having more than one bank account increases your daily withdrawal ability.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

as long as there's an adequate amount of money in each of them.

.
Reply to
charles

At a bank.

I haven't yet tried that.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I think I was mistaken. Withdrawal of larger sums applies only at a counter. The branch ATM limit seems to be the same as any other.

Incidentally, I have an upper limit on my current account (£10m). Is this standard practice? I wonder what the reason is.

Reply to
Scott

Individual banks vary. I know for sure 'cos I have several different accounts with several different banks. They mostly have different limits: between 300 and 2000.

--

"In this sense, the theory of the Communists may be summed up in the single sentence: abolition of private property."

- The Communist Manifesto, Marx & Engels.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

it is a serious question as there *really* is a bank called JCB.....

all part of the Global JCB group

Reply to
SH

SH

My *card* limit is £1000 per day. In a post office, the transaction limit is £500 but they are happy to do that twice. A lot of machines seem to have a £250 or £300 transaction limit but some have a £500 one (if your card allows it).

Reply to
newshound

I know which JCB is more likely to get money out of an ATM in the UK. Hint: It isn't a Japanese bank card.

Reply to
nightjar

What would they do if you won a Euromillions big jackpot, refuse to accept the payment?

Reply to
nightjar