OT What has she done to my Facebook account?

I let the Lou have a go on my phone on Sunday to make a Facebook post (I seldom use it). She then said "I've set it up properly to work on your mobile"

And since then I have had a "people you may know list" reach over 100 people.

I'll not list all of them but here is a sample of what is on that list

  1. My ex stalker
  2. My ex wife
  3. The apprentice than went to the police with his mum saying that I had assaulted him
  4. His Brother
  5. Another ex stalker
  6. An apprentices mum (and I am not FB friends with that apprentice)
  7. An apprentices Dad (and I an not FB friends with that apprentice)
  8. The bloke who fitted the grid ceiling at the school I was working at in the last school holidays.
  9. TMH's grand daughter
  10. An ex finance
  11. Another ex finance
  12. That bird from the museum in Barnsley
  13. Some people I went to school with and have not seen or heard from since 1987

What's she done?

Reply to
ARW

tee hee....get her to set it for no notifications and max privacy etc .......sully wummin .....I can't find anybody I know on facebook....other than a cousin I hadn't seen for 40 years ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Has she shared you phone's personal contacts list with Facebook? It kept asking me to do that but it seems to have stopped asking now ;)

Reply to
Lee

Imported email contacts perhaps?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Probably just* given Facebook access to the contacts in your phone.

*"just" as in "well given you've already sold your sole to that nice Mr Z, where's the harm in giving him a few phones numbers for his algorithms to match with other users contacts?"
Reply to
Robin

Does Facebook track GPS? Yes, it seems it does:

Try denying it Location privileges if your phone lets you.

Reply to
Tim Watts

En el artículo , ARW escribió:

Allowed access to your phone contacts.

They know everything about you now. You won't just get "friend recommendations", you'll get "friend of friend of friend" recommendations and a never-ending stream of irritating ads, emails and notifications.

It's quite scary. It'll come up with names from your past that you'd rather forget about.

You can run, but you can't hide. And now you're in their database, there's no getting out, even if you close your account.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Mike Tomlinson escribió:

or

Mike Tomlinson

Your ex-stalker? Now you're showing off! :-)

Reply to
pamela

I gave up on all social media when all and sundry seemed to be saying they knew me. I tried to set up the privacy, then I tried to close the accounts but all to no avail, so now I just block all email from Facebook and Twitter having shoved a message on both a couple of years back saying not in use. Every so often I look at what is being dumped, and yes the crap is still coming in. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Some folks (er... me) list numbers in their mobile phone contacts so that they can recognise and purposely ignore (or block) silly calls from other people or organisations.

Does facebook harvest these and imagine they are friends?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Ah, your whole life is flashing before your eyes.....

:-)

Reply to
newshound

Nobody talks to me on personal SM. I do keep getting spammed shitless by recruiters on LinkedIn though, despite flagging myself as not looking for work.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes.

Reply to
Huge

I would guess shared a contact list of some form with it... be it an email address book or a complete account. Perhaps the phone contacts list that has lots of numbers they can cross reference?

I would suggest going through the privacy settings and turning them up to 11 ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

LinkedIn is a vile cesspit of spam IMO.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

The real answer is not to use FB.

Reply to
Tim Streater

yep but I actually think it's worse. At least FB says what it is. LinkedIn seems to what people to put their pictures of themselves up but for what purpose ? The women that posted a picture of herself on LinkedIn and complained that a man got a bit flirty, why did the put a picture of herself vanity ? What possible purpose does putting a picture of yourself on such a site do ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

TWO ex-stalkers.

Complete bunny boilers the pair of them.

My brother once ran one of them over.

Reply to
ARW

Not very effectively.