OT: Waterproof heat shield for car

I really need to find this before the rains come!
Had a garage gain access to an injector by cutting a hole in the bodywork above it. They fixed the injector and made a patch, but suggested that I find some heat resistant material to slide a cover over their patch in case any pin holes are there that let rain fill the injector mounting holes.
I imagine something like checkerplate with a bonded on backing would do. Does anyone know if such stuff is available from the likes of Halfords or diy sheds and what it might be called?
The place it has to slide into is between the holed scuttle between the wipers and the holey plastic sheet trim that spans the car under the wiper shafts.
--
Bill

Know I shouldn't ask, but wouldn't it have been easier to just open the bonnet?
--
*Too many clicks spoil the browse *

I suppose it is good to see a product of US/Austrian/German/Italian co-operation, but it seems to have resulted in a Jeep where the engine is too long for the car. The bonnet was off, but injectors 4 & 5 are under the bit that runs across just in front of and beneath the windscreen. Mercedes appear to have thought that a single thinner bolt to hold an injector into an aluminium head was sufficient. I'm too old and lacking in skill to have sat astride the front of the engine to do the job, but I was treated to some traditional anglo-saxon at the garage who took it on.
The rain has started. I'm about to go out and attempt to fashion a temporary insert/rainshield from the foil roasting dish that I bought as a spare when I used one to fashion a new back for my ebay spares or repair phablet.
All I have to do is find the tin snips............
--
Bill

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message wrote:

Had me wondering too. Like to know the make so that I can avoid it.
On 23/03/2016 23:44, Bill wrote:

A piece of self-adhesive flashing tape should do it easily, if the bodywork surface is clean and out of sight.

Thanks, Steve. The problem is that there is the metal scuttle, then above it the rods and metal that waves about linking the wipers, then above that the decorative plastic covering the whole thing. There's about an inch and a half max gap and I couldn't find a way to slide anything in without dismantling all the wipers again. No access either to press anything down.
I've made my temporary shield from an aluminium roasting dish and slid it in under the whole assembly but well over the injectors. If anything gets through it should run off either side of or behind the engine.
If I start to worry about it, I'm hoping I can find some easily shaped slightly thicker metal to re-do the bodge.
--
Bill