For ARW

Adam,

Was that you driving what looked like a Land Rover or Ranger Rover with the registration plate "1 ARW" in Street, Somerset yesterday afternoon?

Cash

Reply to
Cash

No:-). I was in Clowne driving a Scudo.

Reply to
ARW

1 ARW is not a current registration number

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Ah well! I thought you'd won the lottery jackpot and I was going to tap you up for a few quid.

All the best Adam

Reply to
Cash

It is insured on askmid.com - but not showing up on the DVLA site. Strange that.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

I had to look up one of those two proper nouns

guess which one :-(

tim

Reply to
tim...

Useless fact. Did you know that Fiat vans are named after coins?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I didn't! I love useless facts!

Reply to
David Lang

I know that they keep the AA busy.

Reply to
ARW

That's sweet. :-)

I shot off to Wikipedia and found Talento, Fiorino, Scudo and Ducato. Are there any others named after coins?

pamela

Doblò (doubloon).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

How about Panda? Said in a chav accent.

As in the joke; what does a chav pay for shampoo? Pand ten.

Reply to
David Lang

Clowne.

Reply to
ARW

no

:-(

tim

Reply to
tim...

That's so bad, it's almost good. :-)

Reply to
pamela

It's easy to confuse people by telling them you went to Clowne School.

The school uniform was interesting.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Or Reading University.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I have a friend who comes from Morón (de la Frontera).

when first arriving in Britain he told people he was a "moron"

tim

Reply to
tim...

The Americans solved that problem by spelling the town correctly

tim

Reply to
tim...

Surely Reading University IS Clown School?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher