OT Virgin mobile

I very rarely use my simple voice and text payg dumbphone but it is usually left on and charging just in case. I looked at today and the operator comes up as Virgini ??? In fact the height of the lower case i is greater than the other i's and so is more like the inverted exclamation mark as used in some foreign languages.

Anyone else seeing this on their virgin phone?

Google has not helped neither has the VM website

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Do you, I wonder, live in a Virgin low-signal or no-signal area? I'm thinking of my travels with a V*d*f*n* stupidphone in Canada and Australia where competing local networks were grabbing my signal as fast as I could cross from one side of the street to the other. I have no idea whether such a thing is possible with a UK phone in a UK zone but if it is, then think of the possibilities if you could run a fly-by-night pirate local mast?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I made a test call to VM just to check my PAYG balance and it returned the message OK. The signal strength is usually 3 or 4 out of 6 and is currently 4. I can reduce it to 3 by wrapping my hands around it, so I guess I have a good signal. It is set up for roaming ready for when I travel and leaps from network to network in France but each time it does I get a welcome text.

I'll keep an eye on it and maybe take it with me when I go out later in the week and see how it behaves.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Have just looked at mine and it simply says Virgin

Reply to
Bald eagle

Ex or ....

Reply to