OT - udders and bulls

Having a clear away and tidy up at the moment. This prompted me to consider some of the useless stuff noted in passing:

(1) Tesco bio-degradable carrier bags. Just found yet another one crumbling to dust and spilling out the contents. O.K. - should have remembered that some of the bags are bio-degradable but how do you tell a year or so down the line?

(2) Aldidl plastic clamps - the ones that look vaguely like deformed mole grips. They either don't grip properly with the hard slippy plastic pads or one more notch on the plastic ratchet and "crack" - exit another plastic clamp. Not worth the small amount of money they cost.

No doubt I will encounter more!

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

David scribbled

I've got a loft full of them. Tesco might have told us they'd all crumble away in few months. It'll be even more annoying when we're all paying 5 pence each for them.

I attempted to use a spray bottle of Johnsons multi-surface cleaner last week. The 'gun' head fell apart on the first squirt, because it had degraded! Now I've got half a bottle of mixed floor cleaner & ms cleaner.

Reply to
Jonno

Well, the external waterproof 13A socket with built in 24 hour timer is another.

Not enough bottle to go past the "turn on" section. If hand wound to be on, it then locks up at the "turn off" point. Simple lug mechanism as found in the budget timer switches.

Installed with the intention of adding outside lights on a timer. First use two years down the line and it is as useless as...

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David