OT: trivia

Perhaps surprisingly, the man who wrote "Planet of the Apes" also wrote "The Bridge on the River Kwai". He was a Frenchman called Pierre Boulle who had actually been a POW in a camp similar to that portrayed in the book, and later the film.

I know nothing about "The Planet of The Apes" except that Raquel Welch starred in one of the films and so looked it up to see if in fact Roseanne Barr was in fact making some deeply satirical observation, which has been overlooked in the subsequent furore. Sadly, it seems not.

If only she'd tweeted that Valerie Jarrett was the child of the Muslim Brotherhood and the Bridge on the River Kwai instead, she's have saved an awful lot of people a lot of money.

As I doubt Roseanne went down very big in Japan, in any case.

michael adams

michael adams

no she didn't

Reply to
Jethro_uk

You know I have no idea what you are on about. I don't take any notice of anything celebs say as they often do it for publicity reasons.

I'm waiting for planet of the fish to come out. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

No not that I know of she was in 20000 years BC and that was mostly filmed on Tenerife in the canaries. She was in the Magic Christian though. with spilike Milligan and a cast of thousands. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Like the one who joined a high profile demo against a Third Runway at Heathrow, but remarkably, was in Los Angeles only 24 hours later.

Reply to
charles

My mistake, I stand corrected.

Apparently the posters of her wearing the fur bikini were from "One Million years B.C." a British film made by Hammer around two years earlier. About which I know even less.

However according to wiki at least, it seems the film did actually feature apemen.

michael adams

michael adams

That was 4000 years BC or something

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I just saw that Brigitte Nielsen (she is now 54) is pregnant again. I had forgotten that she was in a film that was so laughably bad is was funny.

Anyone seen 'Red Sonja'? Arnie was in it too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh yes - a classic beer and snacks film :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I LOVE Red Sonja. It's so bad it's actually quite amusing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have a DVD somewhere.

Reply to