The Man Who Planted Trees

If you work with wood you often develop an interest in the trees from whence it comes. And at some point, you get beyond - the wood of this tree is good to work with - and start seeing the trees as amazing things.

So here's a story you might enjoy, and be uplifted by. And who knows, maybe you'll, if even in a small way. emulate him.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

I DID enjoy this. Thanks for posting!

Reply to
Scott Cox

I saw an animated version of this on PBS many years ago.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Thanks, a refreshing post.

Reply to
RLM

Thanks for posting. most inspirational.

Reply to
Lou Newell

Fred the Red Shirt wrote: : On Apr 11, 1:14 am, charlie b wrote: :> ... :>

:> So here's a story you might enjoy, and be uplifted by. :> And who knows, maybe you'll, if even in a small way. :> emulate him. :>

:>

:>

: I saw an animated version of this on PBS many years ago.

This was featured in rcent magazine (woodwork, I think). It won the Oscar for best short film.

-- Andy Barss

Reply to
Andrew Barss

Thank you, Charlie. I started not to read it with the thought I was just too busy. I was caught up and read every word.

Thanks again.

Reply to
DanG

Just to clarify - I saw this link to the story in a WoodCentral forum and am just passing it along. Figure with all the bad news we get bombarded with a reminder that there are far more angels than A-holes would be a good thing.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Yup, it's a beautiful animated short film (real animation...) by the National Film Board of Canada. Definitely worth tracking down.

Bob

Reply to
giga