OT: Toilets and turds

No Green inititive solves the problem its allegedly designed to.

Like sociaslism, if the problems were solved, what would the activists do?

No, its pure virtue signalling. The point is to appear to be making valiant and meaningful attenpst to solve (non existent) problems in order to stay in receipt of taxpayer money.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thank you Brexiter, your rccomendation is noted.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Again the English language is blunt and to the point.

A "Farage harvesting kit" would be more genteel, and describe the kit's function very well indeed.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Not *there* yet. As luck would have it, today is the day I get to paint the two windows under flap three.

Reply to
Richard

On the contrary, it clearly is not working

Reply to
tabbypurr

I think there has always been a variation. I seem to recall that the old cistern upright with a chain flushed far better than the current low level ones do. Its hardly surprising since the head of water is going to be more, Given the bore of the pipes and all other things being equal, but the tendency to use less water nowadays has not helped either. Its a simple thing is it not, you need to be able to get enough flow to make whatever is in the bowl flow over the bend and hit the downpipe. I've never myself been to Japan but it seems over there there are many innovative forms of toilet, and leaving aside the more frivolous heated seats etc, many seem to have power flushing so called auto cleaning and other innovations, but we stick with the same old basic design I've seen since I was tall enough to look over the edge.

Of course there are these special ones that mash it all up and dissolve it and then pump it away, a bit like a supercharged chemical toilet, but in the main, nobody seems to have done much. Its still a pain getting the limescale off and it still pongs even if it looks clean. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes what would happen if we flushed with salt water? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes but it does appeal to the toilet humour we British seem to have. Actually, I have just received my bowel cancer screening kit, has it really been two years since the last one? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Pretty certain I've seen documentaries about new builds (not in the UK, of course*) where grey water is captured and used for toilet flushing.

*Apparently there are real companies out there whose job is to manage the snagging lists thrown up by new build houses. Which from a year tour in 2014 in the UK are universally shit.
Reply to
Jethro_uk

Jethro_uk

As noted, the pan and cistern are a matched set.

Our matched set has no problem with a reduced flush. Nor do any of the properly fitted new toilets in hospitals and new builds.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

If not done properly, nothing works as intended.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

There's also a *lot* more water.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Kyles of Bute Hydro had four taps - hot salt, cold salt, hot fresh and cold fresh!

Reply to
Scott

Is it still like an advent calendar or is it the newer design like a lump of plastic?

Reply to
Scott

It's possible to capture rainwater for various uses - including toilet flushing.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

IME most 'reduced flush' toilets I have encountered do NOT work for turds. They barely work for piss.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Obviously it's *possible*. A lot of little things that can make a big difference are almost inevitably possible.

However the fact it's not a widespread practice suggests people are quite happy with the current water supply situation. Which is that water is cheap enough that the few hundred pounds expended to save a few hundred litres annually would never repay itself.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I refer you to my original suggestion that the cistern and pan are not matched.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

toilet flushing, washing machine and watering the garden are about the limit of it ... cost about £2-3k depending on size of tank required.

Reply to
Andy Burns