OT: tires

It should be dealer reset when the tyres have been fitted although it may need a second reset as they bed in. No idea why but the warning light sometimes comes on spontaneously a few hundred miles later but for no apparent reason. Checking the tyre pressures shows that they are all "normal" - ie. set to exactly the same pressure by the dealer. (which isn't right but isn't too disastrous either)

Most times I have checked main dealer or quickfit pressurised tyres they have all been inflated to the same pressure midway between whatever the front and rear axles recommend though sometimes a bit on the high side.

I wouldn't put it past them to inflate all tyres to the same pressure...

Reply to
Martin Brown

What a stupid design.

Just as well most cars don't do that.

Reply to
invalid

So far I have never had the misfortune to run a vehicle fitted with this level of *assume the driver is an idiot* monitoring.

However, we are due to change as the diesel Fiesta is approaching cam belt time and my wife is agitating for electric or auto gearbox. motoring. After 50+ years driving you might think gear changing is not difficult.

Skimming this thread and recent others, I have been reminded just how expensively vulnerable modern cars are to electronic gizmos likely to lead to MOT failures.

My thinking is to get the cam belt changed:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

On the other hand, I changed to an automatic 6 years ago after 55 years of manuals. It makes driving so much more restful, especially in traffic jams which are becoming more common.

Reply to
charles

This is my second automatic, and I would never want to go back to a manual now. Just because I _could_ cope with a gearbox doesn't mean that I would do so as a preference.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

They can't make you.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Then fix your killfile. If you don't want to see my messages, then get your computer to filter them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Tim Streater snipped-for-privacy@greenbee.net wrote in news:200920190822326097% snipped-for-privacy@greenbee.net:

snipped-for-privacy@news.>>>

Try the index -

Reply to
John

50 years ago Dunlop SP3s on a Mini Cooper S. Lucky to get 5000 miles out of them and they weren't cheap
Reply to
fred

A mini tyre is on a 10" rim the defender had a 20" IIRC. or thereabouts. So half the revolutins and twice the potential tread thickness = 4 times the mileage.

And being all terrain and quite all season sort of tyres they werent soft and wear-ey. They were hard.

Minis ate tyres anyway.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher