Cash Acme EB-600 water/air pressure regulating valve warning

I replaced the subject line item in my house this morning (the old one had died some time ago and would not reduce the pressure) and noticed a little waring in the box that the product came in. It reads: "Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Note to Installer/Contractor: California law requires that this notice be provided to the consumer/end user of this product."

Any ideas what chemical they are talking about and whether it's level is high enough to really worry. I am going to contact Cash-Acme and ask them what is in this product.

Thanks, Beejan

Reply to
beejan

All brass components contain trace amounts of things like lead. I'm no toxicologist, but I seriously doubt it's anything to worry about.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim