OT The new van - yes it is a FIAT

Don?t agree with that. The reliability faults Adam has seen arent common at all anymore.

Mainly in the Gee-

Not anymore with the ones that do Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Which spills over into some odd to

But you are the one that hates google, so not much of a source.

Waze does.

For the life

Reply to
Jock Green

Because its more useful to have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay in the car so you can use your normal phone for everything both inside and away from the car.

and give you e.g. a

Google Maps is much better, particularly with the street view and has much quicker updates with user supplied error reports. I got on done in minutes the other week.

Reply to
Jock Green

Below 27mph on mine IIRC

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ecxcept where they mean 20mph, 40mph or 50mph or 60mph

yeah, hidden in the bushes like the speed cameras...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Handbook says 28.25mph - 45km/h

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Any map app you can run on your phone.

It is in fact much better than most, particularly with its estimated arrival time which allows for the current traffic.

Yes, that is one real downside with it currently.

Just as true of Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

Although (again) the tiny twiddle of

Reply to
Jock Green

No, it is the real reason it resets after each use of the car.

No reason to document it, just reset it.

Also no

All that means is the those who designed it didn?t bother to tell the sales force why it was done like that. Unsurprising.

Reply to
Jock Green

No, it needs to be written to support Android Auto (as I found, Here isn't but Waze is).

Reply to
Andy Burns

also useful for 50mph motorway roadworks

Reply to
charles

Well it started up OK.

Unfortunately someone has run into the back of it.

I don't know what happened as I had sent the apprentice off to the wholesalers for parts.

Reply to
ARW

You are the first bloke ever to read a handbook.

Reply to
ARW

It would be if other drivers moved over to the left and let you past when you are doing 55MPH. Or heaven forbid moved over when you are driving at exactly 50 MPH.

Reply to
ARW

Cos they are cheap rubbish?

Reply to
bert

It is not no matter what you do. If you floor the accelerator it overrides the limiter for safety reasons.

John

Reply to
JohnW

And you?re going in my kill file for repeated twattishness.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Indeed. That seems to be the lower limit for many systems.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Oh, I have a huge PDF,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

2nd.

I read my Hyundai book - because some of the features are so weird it's the only way to find out how they work!

Reply to
Tim Watts

I didn?t find that with mine. I did have to read the manual to work out how to get the alarm reset when I managed to slam the seatbelt in the door when closing it which did trigger the alarm, but it was very easy to reset the alarm the way the manual spelt out how to do that.

Reply to
Jock Green

single

When there should be small repeater boards every few hundred yards...

Aye, I remember when the councils used to trim the bushes so you could see all the signage. Speed limit is easy, assume the default, directions in a place you're not familiar with is a PITA. I'm tempted to make a light up sign to put in the back window when heading for a city, so when I inevitably end up in the "wrong" lane I can say "Sorry, not a local". B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice