OT the headline writers simply gert worse every year

ROT13

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Sunday 10 March 2013 09:16 Bob Eager wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Nu - V frr.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Fell across this rather spectacular bridge a minute ago (totally unrelated search!):

Merging in the mist - Vasco da Gama Bridge, Lisbon, Portugal.

polygonum

After the first 10m or so it doesn't matter much.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I'm sure the accountants have made serious in-roads into that concept since privatisation.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

You do get longer to say

"Drat! I didn't mean to do that!"

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Edstone Aqueduct on the Canal to Stratford upon Avon does not have the spectacular height of the well known Welsh one but is still high enough to be inadvisable to fall off.

The narrowboat we used to hire had doors on the side opening straight onto about 2" of gunwale which was reached by some wooden steps. Being young and daft simulating mooring up and awakening a member of crew sleeping off an excess of Ale by tempting them out of the door on the non tow path side seemed quite funny at the time. As his eyes focused on the train passing some 30ft below I don't think he quite knew where he was and fainted,fortunately falling back into the boat. One of those things that you do when young and we now laugh about it but it could have been a tragedy. Such is life. The towpath on the Stratford canal aqueducts are different to the welsh one ,they are level with bottom of the water trough so you walk partly below the water level. This makes it very easy to ambush ducks by crouching down and then suddenly reaching over and grabbing one as they swim past ,they don't half make a racket.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

"Say" ? I thought they just did pictures!

Reply to
Windmill