[OT] The fish rots from the head

So how exactly was he contacted ?

In order to claim that he "ignored" them, you need to provide evidence that he personally actually acknowledged their message, but then failed to respond.

In fact The Jewish Chronicle claim they contacted "his office". Unfortunately I don't have sufficient time on my hands to list all the ways in which the fact that the Jewish Chronicle honestly believe that they contacted his office, doesn't necessarily imply that Jeremy Corbyn personally recieved their message, let alone ignored it.

michael adams

michael adams

How convenient...

Reply to
JoeJoe

Corbyn is rather notorious for avoiding the press on doorstep etc interviews. Something rather refreshing over attention seeking by the likes of Boris and Farage. And all the other rent a quote types. Given just how wrong the meja were proved by writing him off as irrelevant in the early days, who can blame him?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So, you keep asserting. If you had been subjected to racist abuse, as I have been, your views might be different. As it is, where you have marked my replies as stupid above, that demonstrates a lack of empathy on your part.

Reply to
GB

I notice you've dodged the question.

So I'll ask you again.

Why would Jeremy Corbyn, his office or anyone else for that matter happily answer the seven diffficult questions posed by the JC, but choose to deliberately ignore the easy one they claim to have asked him, in the very same year ?

You might even think that all the people, yourself included, who are banging on about this one question from 2015, didn't realise that Corbyn had already answered seven far more difficult questions from the same source that very same year.

But of course getting any of them to to admit as much, is another matter.

As for you Joe Joe you can't really be expected to know any better I suppose. You simply lap up and repeat word for word any anti-Corbyn material that happens to be knocking around at the time.

They can't get him for kiddy fiddling, smoking dope, using prozzies, or being gay so as with Red Ken, a bit of that old standbye, anti semitism will have to fit the bill.

michael adams

michael adams

Because he is a politician? Because he and his advisers couldn't think of an answer that would let him wriggle out of it? It did, after all, take then at least two attempts eventually (ish).

Reply to
JoeJoe

I assume being an _active_ member of (at least 3) Facebook groups that are swamped with holocaust deniers, anti-Semitic, and anti-Jewish conspiracy theorists was also part of his free speech campaign?

Sometime just knowing who one's friends are (and note that I haven't even mentioned the IRA, Hamas, Hezbullah, etc) tells you all you need to know about a person.

Reply to
JoeJoe

Clearly the possibility that he may have been confronting these people by arguing with them, rather than simply agreeing with them, simply hadn't occured to you ?

Just as the fact that I post on uk-d-i-y a newsgroup which is swamped with climate change deniers, doesn't mean I agree with any of them, either.

Why not try thinking for yourself for a change eh, JoeJoe ?

Rather than simply repeating arguments word for word as written by people with a clear agenda for the guidance of gullible idiots.

michael adams

michael adams

It certainly occurred to me, but I could find no evidence that that is the case.

And Harry, God bless him, don't forget Harry.

Reply to
GB

hes not called turnip for nothing

Reply to
humphrey

Rather than allowing this to turn into my mission in life here's what Jewish Voice For Labour have to say about the matter

And here's Jewish Voice For Labours Main Webpage

I've included this latter link as the first link was overloaded the first two times I tried it.

Other than that just to re-iterate stfuff you probably already know which may be relevant

The idea of a Jewish Homeland first arose in the 19th century.

Since that time right up to the foundation of the state of Israel, small groups of Jewish people started moving to Palestine, buying up property , establishing farms etc.

Right from the start there was conflict between the indigenous Palestinians and the incomers. One reason alone is the rellive sophistication of the incomers, who's had to survive in a hostile world for centuries, but one which was realively technically advanced. Wheras the Palestinians lived in relative security iunder the Ottomans and had no need of or love for advanced technology.

This is a conflict which stil exists today.

As result the State of Israel has always felt itself under a state of seige to some extent. With all that that implies.

Howver in the eyes of some people at least the current Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu deliberately stokes up such fears and acts in a provocative manner purely for electoral advantage. Basically he's an Israeli precursor of Donald Trump. Basically to some Israelis and Jews in general he's an embarassment just as Thatcher was an embarrassment to many British people in her dealings with foreigners for one.

As to your actual point in repect of the Facebook Groups; a lot of deniers are probably trolls. JC probably relalises this as well as anyone; even if his detractors appear to have never ever heard of trolls.

michael adams

michael adams

What do you expect when you ask me about a perpetrator's right not to be punished? What answer could I possibly give to that?

Reply to
Handsome Jack

That seems completely illogical to me. Rather than defending Corbyn in any meaningful way, they say things like: "Havering Conservative party issues a dogwhistle leaflet hoping to mobilise racism in their local election campaign. The Board of Deputies has been silent... "

A bunch of raving loonies in Havering are not on a par with the leader of the Labour Party, and however raving they are does not affect whether Corbyn is antisemitic or not.

I haven't read the Havering leaflet in full, but it did not appear to be antisemitic, so somebody with a better understanding of these things can perhaps explain why the Board of Deputies can be expected to be anything but silent about it?

I've snipped some stuff where you have written that the Palestinians need help and Netanyahu is a belligerent shit. I agree with that.

So, what is he doing on these groups if not facing up to the trolls?

Reply to
GB

Really strange...

They (and you) claim that all the accusations are false. Why then did Jeremy Corbyn admit that there is a problem in the Labour party?

Reply to
JoeJoe

What everyone else is doing on Facebook: staying in touch with his "friends"...

Reply to
JoeJoe

I was just pointing out (reductio ad absurdum) that no rights are absolute.

But we are about to get repetitive, because I'll say: One man's right to freedom of expression infringes another man's right not to be offended by that expression, or indeed that expression may be downright abusive.

Then you'll say there is no right to not be offended.

And I'll say "sez you".

And so on.

It's a shame to delete the artwork, but as it was painted in the wrong place it had to go.

Reply to
GB

Are you being serious ?

The whole raison d'?tre of trolls is to waste other people's time by luring/inciting them into pointless arguments which they, their victims can never hope to win.

Which is why they're best ignored

Unfortunately they're all over social media nowadays newspaper comment columns, Facebook, Twitter , UseNet etc etc. Its simply not economical to employ moderators to weed them out, assuming that this would be acceptable in the first place of course.

And so they are more or less impossible to avoid.

I find it very difficult to believe that you didn't already know this. Which places your other comments in a rather different light, I regret to say

michael adams

michael adams

I don't know. Why don't you write and ask him ?

Then when he doesn't reply, which they often don't to letters written in crayon, you can write to the "Jewish Chronicle" and tell them he's ignored you too.

But I'd skip the crayon for that one, if I were you.

HTH

michael adams

michael adams

Yes. I subscribe to uk.legal NG, even though it is now almost wholly infested by trolls. I just feel that some of the racist comments shouldn't go unanswered. More fool me, I guess.

This NG (uk.diy) was fairly free of that, or at least the trolling had something to do with diy. That seems to have changed in the last year or two, unfortunately.

Where it's a troll saying something inane about DIY, I usually ignore that. But the nasty racist stuff annoys me, and I rise to the bait.

Still, I subscribe to usenet groups that have a useful purpose, like this one. I am not sure what the nature is of the FB groups JC subscribed to?

Sorry if you don't approve.

Reply to
GB

Its in the very nature of trolling to ask questions - thus inviting the other person to put themselves to the trouble of replying - rather than to provide answers.

Surely if you were that interested in the nature of the FB groups JC subscribes to you'd find out for yourself ? Rather than ask me who as I've already explained more than once, knows nothing about Facebook and has no real wish to.

I know plenty of people with pages on Facebook, both friends and relatives, and having had a look at their pages from time to time I saw no real incentive to join myself, or investigate any further.

Corbyn's interest in the plight of the Palestinians is well know. And so at a wild guess I'd imagine those groups originally concerned themselves with that topic. Which by their very nature would then attract trolls, holocaust deniers and all the other usual suspects.

michael adams

michael adams