removing a shower head/fixture that is stuck

I have a shaving mirror that threads to the shower pipe like a shower head. The shower head then threads onto the shaving mirror assembly.

this pic makes things clear

Recently the whole mirror assembly started leaking water in different locations. I would like to remove it. The problem is that is stuck. I tried different wrenches and even some WD40. It wont come off. I don't want to apply too much force, as I may damage the shower pipe itself. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks

Reply to
techman41973

clear

Maybe put a rag around the arm, and grip it with a pair of channellock pliers? Then you may be able to get a second wrench around the head threads. If the arm does move, you may want to take it out anyway to re-seal the threads inside the wall. Or just get a new arm. They're pretty cheap. Piece of cake. HTH. Tom

Reply to
tom

Link fixed: (must be google)

I stopped using rags years ago. For bath fixtures, using channel locks I prefer a strap of leather. Even a strip of rubber from an inner-tube. There is also the option for a strap wrench.

Reply to
Oren

Good thinking. Tom

Reply to
tom

Slather the thing with substances specially made for loosening stuck pipes.

Hint: When replacing a threaded device, snug it up, then back off a quarter-turn. This makes it easier to remove in the future. You may be able to tighten the device that slack 1/4 turn to break the corroded weld.

Reply to
HeyBub