OT The apprentice in London

Not somewhere anyone wants to end up

Reply to
stuart noble

That's probably somebody' home.

Reply to
bert

obviously not if the train went in entirely the wrong direction!

tim

Reply to
tim......

In message , Mr Pounder writes

If you are referring to the general north/south divide the saying is North Of Watford Gap, a completely different place to Watford Herts

bert

I do know where Watford is.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Do Southerners know where Watford Gap is? Most would refer to the city of Watford.

Only Northerners believe the divide is referenced by Watford Gap! In between is no-man's land!

Reply to
Fredxxx

The only city in Watford is the football club. Some people might know W gap becasue there are services on the M1 named after the place.

Reply to
charles

Civilisation ends at Watford.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I assume that's when going South?

Reply to
charles

Civilastion ends before you get to Manchester (heading south).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There isn't a city called Watford.

There's a town called Watford - yep - but surely you can't mean that, since it's south of some parts of London and several tube stations.

Reply to
Adrian

I don't think the direction's particularly important, tbh.

Reply to
Adrian

The village isn't....

And civilisation does indeed stop there. When you're travelling South. Apparently, even the lock keepers on the canal there are unsociable souls.

Reply to
John Williamson

You beat me to it. All my life up until a few years ago (around the time Wikipedia was getting off the ground) I thought the Watford Gap had something to do with Watford:

John

Reply to
Another John

That's because it's been dumbed down for southerners

Reply to
bert

It's a geological feature, not a place. It's named after the village of Watford Northants

Reply to
bert

You been at the Boddies?

Reply to